The purpose of the Honorary Membership category is to affiliate individuals with Sister Cities Association of Sarasota (SCAS) who have an advantageous working relationship with the organization, including but not limited to a representative of a governing body. An Honorary Membership is offered to individuals, while the Alliance Membership category is offered to organizations.
Honorary Members may be added by nomination of the President or the Executive Board of Directors and approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. Honorary members appointed in this manner shall not be required to pay dues and shall maintain said status at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
The Honorary Member designation is intended for, but not limited, to:
- The Mayor of the City of Sarasota, who shall be Honorary Chairman of the Corporation.
- The members of the Commission of the City of Sarasota shall be honorary members of the Corporation.
- The Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners of Sarasota County, Florida, who shall be Honorary Vice-Chairman.
- Honorary members shall not be required to pay dues and shall serve ex-officio.
- An individual associated with an organization that expresses an interest in, offers to exchange information with, and generally supports the efforts of SCAS.
- The affiliation does not require or involve financial contributions or support by SCAS or by the City of Sarasota.
- The affiliation with the honorary member is advantageous to SCAS.
- The total number of honorary members does not exceed ten percent (10%) of total paid memberships.